Monday, March 2, 2009

Got the creative bug back!

I have opened an ArtFire shop! Here, I am showcasing my 'Signature Collection' as well as my newest and best creations. Please check it out at http://creationsbyjae.artfire.com Interested in joining a neato community like ArtFire? Click here!

Moving on to my newest creations, all finished within the past week. The first is a necklace made from Azurite and Malachite combined with copper chain. It really has an earthy feel, reminds me of looking at the Earth from space. It's a longer necklace at 23 inches, and totally cute and casual!

Next, I took a filigree butterfly and cut it in half, preserving the wings. I then wired black tourmaline rounds to the wings to make a body on each half. These have to be my favorite earrings to date! I love flutterbies!

My latest project was just finished on Saturday. I took a beautiful green piece of beach glass that Diane of MyGemStoneBox sent me from Rhode Island and finally learned how to cage it to make a beautiful pendant! I used square copper wire to cage it, and hung it from a length of brown leather cord. The cord is adjustable to make a long or short necklace. Turned out just darling!

Lets hope the creative bug keeps going for me! })i({

7 comments:

mrs beadsley said...

Jamie- really lovely stuff! I especially love the butterfly earrings..........what a creative idea!

Ring by Ring Designs said...

I too love the butterfly. Not much of a stretch for me as I love butterflies. Your technique however is very original and lovely.

ChezChani said...

Those are beautiful. Please keep us posted on your success on Artfire. I have my eye on it but I'm not ready to commit to a monthly fee....tough times.

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I really like the new backgrounds you are using in these pictures. They look very warm and cozy! That sea glass, in the bright green, is terrific! Hope your arfire store takes off. Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

A Beaded Affair said...

Wonderful work Jamie. Glad you are back to creating. Love the butterfly wings. So cute.
Hugs,
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com

The lonely thinker said...

Love the butterfly earrings - gorgeous and what a great idea.

Diane Geisel Reiki Master, formerly MyGemStoneBox by Diane said...

Hi there kiddo!
I so hope all is well! I LOVE what you have done to that sea glass! Way to go....all your items are lovely. I have a blog award waiting for you at my site...stop by and say "hi"!!
http://mygemstonebox.blogspot.com