Friday, January 9, 2009

Learning more about Theresa, of Studio 618

For the past 20+ years, I’ve been working as an architect. My projects range from small residential remodeling to multi-million dollar corporate headquarters and public institutions. After years of being on the more technical side of architecture, watching my designs being built by the construction trades, I longed to use my own hands to create. This gratification comes in the form of jewelry-making. Now I have the best of both worlds, from macro to micro scales, offering design and technical challenges that keep me up at night.

I joined the Etsy artisan community in the mid 2008, and it opened a whole new experience to me. The benefits of buying from independent handmade artists are tremendous. Since marketing is not my strength, I joined one of the Etsy teams - Etsy Social Marketing Arts Guild. The goal of this team is “further understanding and applying eCommerce advertising and promotion techniques.”


Our members consist of artisans across the globe, working with all art medium.


My jewelry is available through the team shop http://esmarts.etsy.com, at local art shows and through my online store http://studio618.etsy.com under the name Studio 618. My blog http://studio618.blogspot.com reflects my creations, my various interests, issues important to me, and much more. So come on by, say hello, and let me know what you think.

As an additional note: Theresa is one of the most helpful and kind people you would meet in eSMArts or anywhere for that matter. Her jewelry often reflects her religion, judiaca and is simple yet elegant. I really wish her the best success and can't wait to see what she does next! })i({

3 comments:

tkmetalarts said...

Thanks for the lovely feature of my work. You're sweet.

ChezChani said...

I enjoyed reading about this talented artist. Thanks!

Unknown said...

It's always so interesting learning more about our talented eSMArts team mates like this wonderful feature on Theresa. Jamie I second your comments on Theresa's giving nature. She's a delight to know and to be associated with! And I'm a huge fan of her art too. Congrats to you both on this great article!
~Anna Lee